Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Spyder Pilot Paintball Gun


Omegara:
I just recently got a spyder pilot paintball gun and am wondering about afew things. First, I got a new clamping feed neck and a fasta hopper (I know, I should have gone halo b) Plus I have some dye stickies on the way. What are some other good upgrades? I hear a lot about the T-board though that doesn't seem to have the CAMD which I like lol. And the magna port valve. I saw a picture of the valve and there seems to be much less material between the o-rings, what is the advantage of this valve? And one other question. I still seem to be chopping balls a little. I have the ACS (ACS — Anti-Chop System) and a fasta 9v hopper, the gun is only shooting 11bps in full auto (according to my chrono anyway) and the hopper supposedly feeds 15bps, any ideas? I use the sterling REC paint and it was a little chilly outside coudl that have anything to do with it??



xXBloodLustACXx:
If you need to shoot faster than the 20 bps board can handle or you really want ramping, get a T-board. Otherwise, not necessary at all, so you can keep your CAMD display (I have to admit I thought it was awesome too when I had a Spyder paintball gun =P)

The Magnaport valve or any other aftermarket valve will increase air flow and allow you to lower your operating pressure, but you would also need to buy a new front block, regulator, and spring kit. Trust me, not worth it to do all that. If you want a low pressure gun, you are better off getting a Spyder VS2 paintball gun.

You could be chopping if the paint isn't too good or maybe the weather, but probably just because the ACS bolt is garbage. Mine worked well, but many have problems until it's broken in. take the bolt out and you'll see that you can compress it because it has a spring in the middle. Either compress it 1000s of times while watching TV or keep it compressed and wedge it between two things to break in the spring. This might help, might not. If you're open to buying a nice bolt, I recommend the ACP 3 o-ring bolt for about $20.

Overall, I wouldn't put much more money into your Pilot because you can get a Spyder VS2 paintball gun with eyes and a much lower operating pressure for only $160. If you were to try to achieve the same results it would probably cost you double that, so keep it mildly upgraded and use it until you feel ready to move on.


sweet_stuff:
^^ Agreed, but you should look into a new barrel as well. I recommend if you don't want to spend alot of money and get a great barrel to get the Tribal Stix barrel. Its lighter than a Dye Ultralite and shoots as nice. you can get them on ebay for $40.


Omegara:
Well the VS2 doesn't use Co2 but I have looked at them and the Spyder VS3 paintball gun. But will stick with my pilot for now. I have yet to actually play any speedball so I will try this one out and see if I even like speedball. I am mostly a tippmann/woodsball guy. But thanks for the info guys.

via http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422864

How to get free paintball stuff. You have to know about free Target $500 gift card.