Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tippman Cyclone mounted to Spyder MR1 Paintball Gun


Q: Has anyone mounted a Tippman Cyclone hopper to a Spyder MR1 paintball gun? I was the lowest profile hopper I can get mounted.

A1: Cyclone with an Tippmann X-7 paintball gun hopper is lower profile, but it makes up for it by moving everything to the right. Less height, more width. A trade off I suppose.

It's also possible to put a cyclone on a US-5 or one of them new Tippy U.S. Army markers, but they are internally very similar. Putting one on an Spider MR1 paintball gun would require a lot of modding, and probably won't work anyway.

I would look into finding good pics of a warp feeded paintball marker before you buy one. They do odd things to the weight and shape of your paintball marker, and I believe make it very difficult to shoot off handed.

A2: You might want to look into the Qloader then. It can be mounted directly under the barrel, vertically at your foregrip, you could probably even mount it on your stock (not that you would want to) it is just that versatile. The warp feed brings the hopper off the top, but just repositions to the side. Which is great if it is your bunker side, but a lot of profile if it happens to be your non-bunker side.

I would practice tilting your hopper in. By tilting you paintball marker at the wrist (PLEASE don't stick your elbow out) you can bring the hopper behind the bunker, rather than leaving it exposed. Granted, this doesn't work as well over top of bunkers, but I find I shoot from the side a lot more than I shoot over the top.

via: http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427536

Spyder MR Series paintball markers

Spyder MR1 paintball marker and Qloader
trying to shoot full auto with mechanical trigger